Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rush Henrietta Rotary

Oh, Rochester weather you never cease to amaze me! One month ago it was unseasonably warm and I was wearing a tshirt and shorts. Today I woke up to snow. Yes SNOW in the end of April!!!!

I made my way on this lovely Winter-er Spring?-morning to the Rush Henrietta Rotary. I walked in to a welcomed and warm reception with plenty of breakfast goodies. I was honored to lead the start of the meeting by singing the national anthem. Did I mention the meeting began at 7am? I think it's safe to say that was the earliest I've ever sung the Star Spangled Banner! :)

I thanked the Rush Henrietta Rotary for their generous support to the Miss Monroe County Fair Pageant and Miss Greater Rochester Organization. I talked about what exactly the Miss America Organization does and how it is a fantastic organization to support. I explained my platform, "Inspiring Young Minds Through the Performing Arts," and told the Rotary members about the importance the performing arts plays in the shaping of young minds. The Rotary is such a generous, giving, and socially conscious organization and I hope they agreed with and will remember my message of the importance of the performing arts when looking for new organizations to support!



Thank you so much to the President, John, and the rest of the Rush Henrietta Rotary for allowing me to come and spend time with you today! It was a pleasure meeting you all and I hope to work with you again in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment